Tricia M. Darby
Tricia M. Darby is a partner at Darby Law Practice, a Nevada law firm helping individuals and small businesses with bankruptcy in Reno and related matters, including foreclosure avoidance and fair debt collection practices.
Tricia is a 1997 graduate of the University of California at Santa Barbara and a 2001 graduate of McGeorge School of Law at the University of the Pacific, where she earned her Juris Doctorate law degree.
Tricia began her legal career at Beesley, Peck & Matteoni, Ltd. and later Lewis and Roca, LLP, representing clients in civil and commercial lawsuits, and business transactions. She represented both secured and unsecured creditors in all aspects of Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases before the bankruptcy and appellate courts. Additionally, Tricia represented financial institutions in matters dealing with consumer protection statutes and creditors in collections matters in both federal and state court.
After representing financial institutions for almost ten years, Tricia joined her husband, Kevin Darby, at Darby Law Practice in June of 2009, bringing her background as a bank attorney to the side of individuals and small businesses. The Darbys have represented individuals and small businesses in out-of-court debt restructuring and workouts, as well as Chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy proceedings.
Tricia is admitted to practice before all Nevada state courts and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Nevada. Tricia is active in several professional organizations and is committed to the advancement of the legal profession and the bankruptcy bar in Reno and northern Nevada.
- State Bar of Nevada
- Washoe County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Northern Nevada Women Lawyer's Association
Northern Nevada Bankruptcy Bar
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bruce R. Thompson Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Suter v. Goedert, 504 F.3d 982 (9th Cir. 2007)
- Johnson v. Wells Fargo Home Mortg., Inc., 558 F.Supp.2d 1114 (D. Nev. 2008)
- Savage v. Pierson, 123 Nev. Adv. Op 12 (May 3, 2007)
- Co-Author, “Bankruptcy Basics for Business Owners,” Business Law Magazine, October 2008
- Co-Author, “Getting Paid, Legal Steps You Can Take To Protect Your Payments In Today's Economy,” Northern Nevada Business Weekly, October 2008
- Co-Author, “Casino Bankruptcy Law and the Current Economic Crisis,” Casino Enterprise Management Magazine, March 2009
- Author, “Five Fundamentals of Bankruptcy Worth Understanding During These Uncertain Economic Times,” Northern Nevada Builder’s Magazine, May 2010
- Author, “Life After Bankruptcy,” Northern Nevada Builder’s Magazine, June 2011